23 May 2010

Mini album, part 9…

As promised yesterday, I’ve finished part 9 of Roni’s mini-album challenge. Whoo-hoo! I’m all caught up again!! The challenge for this part was to “Make it Metal” by using metallic paints, inks, embossing powder, or real metal on the layout. I chose to use metallic paints. I randomly dabbed Adirondack metallic gold, silver, and copper acrylic paints to the card stock, then I took Distress Crackle Paint in Tarnished Brass and Antiqued Bronze and dabbed it pretty thickly in vein-like patterns in several places. I allowed this to dry completely, then used an ink blending tool and Black Soot DI all over the whole thing to tone it down and make the cracks in the crackle paint stand out. I’ve embellished with some metal flowers I got somewhere. The verse for this layout is, “This is my oath…I pledge it to the end. Why? you may ask. Because you are my friend!”

Let me know what you think!

bff_album_x

bff_album_y

bff_album_z