Thank you to my good blogger buddy, Lynn, from Trash To Treasure Art, for nominating me for this wonderfully prestigious blog award! Sorry I didn’t get this posted sooner, but I’ve been busy crafting my lies!!!!!
Here’s how it works.
1. Express gratitude to the blogger who bestowed the award unto you. Thank you, Lynn, my Idaho soul sister!!!
2 Display the picture on your blog proudly.
3. Be nice and provide a link to the person who gave it to you. (Here it is again—Lynn at Trash To Treasure Art).
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
5. Nominate seven creative writers who might be into doing this. I am passing this one on to Bloggers who make me smile, laugh, or emote in some way or another.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate and let the owners of those blogs know.
OK—here are my lies—or are they truths? You decide!!! (I’ll give you a hint—two are truths and four are lies…)
1. As you all know, George Clooney grew up in the Cincinnati area, where I was born and raised. He and I dated briefly in high school, but I dumped him because he was a lousy kisser. He’s much better looking now—he must have had a nose job or something.
2. While helping a friend in Florida move from her apartment to a condo, I had the opportunity to meet Prince Albert of Monaco at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. I wish his good friend, Bono, would have been with him at the time! (Party like a rock star!!!)
3. When I was in my early 20s (30 years and quite a few pounds ago) I was a pretty famous local stripper. My stage name was Texas Trixie and my costume had a cowgirl theme (explains my fascination with cowgirl stamps, doesn’t it?) The bartender at the club where I stripped had a thing for me, and invented the Buttery Nipple (a “shooter” drink for those of you who don’t imbibe) in my honor. Texas Trixie is long gone, but the Buttery Nipple lives on!!
4. I truly am a famous writer, which makes this award so appropriate! My pen name is Danielle Steele.
5. Everyone knows I’m really a “shrinking violet.”
6. While in Rome, I got on a bus full of Italian sailors (not on purpose!) Rather than give me one of their seats, I ended up standing at the front of the bus while the sailors proceeded to sing to me until I got off at my stop.
OK—now I need to nominate seven blogs for this same award. I didn’t come up with seven, but did do five—I hope the blog badge police don’t get me!!! Here are my nominations:
1. Roni at Ink Stains—Roni is incredibly talented and very generous with her knowledge. She posts lots of great tutorials, and has a fabulous book to boot!
2. Nan at Nan’s Niche—Nan does beautiful work of all kinds. Her scrapbook pages almost make me want to start scrapbooking, and that’s saying something!!!
3. Suzie at Passionate About Crafting—Suzie has lots of hobbies, just like me. She quilts, knits, and does paper crafts. Stop and visit her blog!
4. Peg and Spike at Drunken Stampers—gotta love the blog name, plus they have great challenges (although I confess I haven’t played yet)!
5. Dawn at Dawn…a new day—Dawn does beautiful work and has been a real inspiration to me in my cardmaking. Plus, I love her llama pictures!!!