02 October 2009

It has to start somewhere...

Hi! I'm Kim, and I'm a craftaholic, technique addict, and research fanatic! I discovered paper crafting and stamping about five years ago, and have been hooked ever since. My style leans towards the shabby and distressed, and I love all things vintage-y and retro.

I am lucky enough to have a group of friends who also stamp and papercraft. I started sending them an e-mail every day that I call "inspiration of the day." This e-mail has links to fun and inspiring cards I find in the gallery on the Splitcoast Stampers site (the greatest stamping site in the universe and home to some real stampin' rock stars!). The whole point is to get all of us to look at items that are maybe outside our comfort zone, both design-wise and technique-wise, and inspire us to stretch ourselve creatively when we craft. Well, the list of people who want to be on my e-mail list keeps growing, so I decided that it's maybe time to switch to a blog format. While you probably won't see much of my own work here, you will find links to lots of inspirational blogs, fun techniques, and interesting products. I can't promise that I'll post every day, but I'll try to be as regular as possible.

Please leave comments and let me know if you enjoy my postings, and I would love to see the projects this blog may inspire you to make!