04 October 2009

A provocative piece of inspiration for today...

I was blurfing (new word! combination of "blog" and "surfing") this morning and ended up at Michael DeMeng's blog. If you don't know, Michael is an assemblage artist who makes his art pieces from found objects. Many of his pieces have a religious or mythical theme and can be kind of dark and moody. I would like you to visit Michael's blog. Please keep an open mind and scroll down to read his post from September 25. The background information is fascinating, and the art piece, Daughters of Lilith, is amazing. It's definitely dark and not everyone's cup of tea, but it amazes me how he has translated his inspiration into such a unique piece of art. I would love to be this creative! So whether you love it or hate it, please be inspired by it! Let me know what you think!