18 April 2010

Mini album, part 3…

Slowly but surely, I’m catching up with the mini-album challenge that Roni Johnson is sponsoring over on Ink Stains. This verse says, “When you smile I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.” I’ve been trying to follow the techniques Roni has used for each of her spreads. The challenge here was to use glimmer on the spread. Initially, I wasn’t sure I liked the way this Northern Lights technique turned out, but the darkness of it lent itself to the theme that eventually emerged. I didn’t have any of the ink refresher, so instead I used a gold Glimmer Mist with the Perfect Pearls, and it turned out OK. I hope to get the next spread done before Tuesday, then I’ll be all caught up!!

In addition to the collage image (lower left) I also used some Oxford Impressions stamps from the Cowgirl Blues sheet. BTW—if you’re wondering what the brass embellishments are, they are spent .45 cartridges. Nuff said….

BFF_album h

BFF_album i

BFF_album j